Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tour Prepping

Less than month to go.

I'm embarking on my first real tour (i.e. outside the Maritimes and longer than a weekend) with Halifax singer-songwriter Mushkat (a.k.a. Bill Travis). When I started considering a tour, I was daunted by the planning required. You might guess from my songwriting style that I'm a bit of a scatter-brain. (When I worked in academia, I was the kind of prof who was surrounded by mountains of helter-skelter files and books on his desk).

But having another person along to take on the booking and arrangements not only lightened the load, but inspired me to get organized enough to pull it together. So we're down to the nitty-gritty, and have most of our schedule nailed down.

(See http://www.mikeaube.com/tour.htm for details)

Now, it's to the point where I can't wait to just get out and do it! Lots of work still to be done, but all I want to do is get on the road. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment